Thursday, September 25, 2014

Emotions

As a writer, I'm not sure what I like better, making people laugh or cry with just my written words.

What I can tell you is that it is one hell of a feeling when I'm writing and I find myself crying (or laughing). I mean, I'm the one writing the stuff. I know it's fiction, I know it's made up. Maybe it's because I'm so invested in my characters. I'm so far in their heads that I BECOME them. They are an extension of me, so when they show emotion, I show emotion.

My hope is that I can accurately convey that emotion so you, my readers, feel it, too.

One of the greatest compliments I can get is when someone tells me they laughed out loud or shed tears while reading my book. Yup, that's when I think . . . Mission Accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment